A FREE two-hour educational dinner event to help educate Asian Americans how to protect their employment rights in the workplace.
OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates, in cooperation with the United States Department of Labor (DOL) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), are conducting a two-hour educational dinner event to help educate Asian Americans bout how to protect their employment rights in the workplace. This event is a part of TIGAAR (The Information Group for Asian American Rights), which represents a public-private partnership with OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates, the EEOC, DOL, and several other community groups.
Dinner will be provided for free (sponsored by OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates), but donations are appreciated to help cover the cost of the dinner ($10).
- EEOC Samantha Chan Salazar, EEOC Investigator
- Lucy Garcia, DOL Community Outreach and Resource Planning Specialist
- James Shelton, DOL Compliance Assistance Specialist
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
Your rights under the Family Medical Leave Act, including:
- Taking time off to take care of your kids and parents who are sick
- Taking time off to take care of a new baby
- Taking time off when you have a serious health condition
Your Equal Employment Opportunity Rights, including:
- What are the laws that protect you from harassment and discrimination (such as national origin/race)?
- What are the laws that companies must follow when it comes to your promotion opportunities?
Whistleblower Protections, including:
- What is a Whistleblower?
- What laws protect workers who report legal violations?