Immerse yourself in the spectrum of Asian cultures through two unforgettable nights of food, music and entertainment at one of the largest collaborations Houston has ever seen of the numerous Asian ethnicities that make up the Asian-American community in Houston. Bring the entire squad to sample some of the best Asian delicacies (many of which you won’t find in local restaurants) from a HUGE selection of vendors with dishes from nearly every different Asian ethnicity such as Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, etc., plus one of the most dazzling Lantern shows you have ever seen. Not to mention a whole festival of fun stuff celebrating May as National Asian Heritage Month in Houston.
This vibrant community festival celebrates culture and cuisine from Asian countries including Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and many, many more. Kicking off May as National Asian Heritage Month with:
• International Stages & Markets
• Multiple Stages & Roving Performers
• Asian Film Festival including screening of "Sriracha"
• Fashion Show by Danny Nguyen
• Zen Beer Garden featuring large selection of Asian Beers
• Magical Lantern exhibit
• Asian "Shark Tank" interactive program
• Saturday and Sunday Eating Contest with celebrity chef judges
• Creative Activity Zone - Engaging family-friendly activities such as Burmese lacquerware, Taiwanese calligraphy, Persian tile designs, henna, and more.
• How many Fortune Cookies? Count the cookie contest
• Make a Children’s Dragon Mural
• Light Festival with DJs, dancers and modern artists and performers
Houston Mayor Turner is currently scheduled to speak at the Lunar Lantern Festival!