WHAT IS APA Y-ADVOCATE?
Launched Fall 2012 semester, APA Youth-Advocate is a State Farm® funded, half-day interactive training focused on equipping our youth with skills to enhance their personal lives as well as providing them a stronger platform before going to college. OCA internship alums facilitate this advocacy training which is brought to local OCA Chapters. The half day program focuses on the development of APA High School youth in our communities. OCA Asian Pacific American Advocates has opened Fall applications for their youth advocacy training program.
APA-Y Advocate Program:
- Students will participate in a highly interactive program that will lead to responsible habits in personal financial management, career planning, and leadership-driven community engagement.
- Students will get a practical training on resume preparation and basic knowledge of good financial habits.
- Students will engage in robust leadership discussions about the implications of individual behavior on the community.
Goals of APA-Y Advocate program:
- Developing leadership skills
- Gaining awareness of social justice issues
- Having an understanding of why its important to advocate
- Building a growing relationship with OCA local chapter
HOW TO REGISTER?
Step 1 Go to www.ocanational.org
Step 2 Click Programs
Step 3 Click APA Y-Advocate
Step 4 Click the link Registration and complete on-line form
Step 5 Print, and bring signed *permission slip
*Students 17 years old and under will require to submit a parent/guardian permission slip.
Deadline to register is October 3, 2016
When registering please select hosting OCA chapter: "Houston | 10/08/2016"